There's Coffee Cake on the Counter and Zuchinni Bread in the Freezer...

Sharing information about the matriarch of the Erickson Family...

Notes from Jolene and Dick

Dick and Luke spent 3 hours with Mom after helping with the move on Saturday. Dick said Mom cried/wailed pretty much the entire time. There were a few times when she was able to say coherent things. Dick also mentioned that Huy and Kirsten had brought Mom a large chocolate milkshake before he arrived. I noticed Lyn that you mentioned in one of your emails the possible correlation between meltdowns and milkshakes. (I’m thinking that’s a good title for my memoirs.) I’m also distressed that Mom only weighs 87 pounds. I wish there was a magical way for her to enjoy her milkshakes and benefit from the calories without paying a price for it. It will be interesting to see what the medication eval from Patricia Luckey will recommend. I think that obviously Mom has issues with dementia, but I am also willing to bet that high blood sugars probably have an impact on her mental status as well. Please understand that I am not in any way criticizing giving Mom a treat she loves – I just think we (all of us) need to be mindful of the amount and the timing of treats. Having said all that, I don’t know if it would make a huge difference or not… Dick and Luke just said that it’s distressing to see Mom so distressed… I just wish I had a magic want to make her happy or content.

0 comments: