There's Coffee Cake on the Counter and Zuchinni Bread in the Freezer...

Sharing information about the matriarch of the Erickson Family...

May 28th - Mom Update

I know I just sent out a post re: the Care Conference.... but I just wanted to also share that I stayed with Mom for a few hours after the conference and things were really pretty good. She was just a little teary at times and did greet me with, "Well, I had about given up on you!" But she was pretty verbal and actually laughed and winked at lunch - laughed at part of an I Love Lucy Episode. We ended up talking on the phone to Karen, Jolene, Pat and Bill and with most of them she actually answered some of their questions.

She also for the first time with me, moved herself in the wheelchair by walking with her feet. She moved herself out of her room and down the hallway about 30 feet to feed one of the dogs. I think it is great exercise and may help her not feel so 'stuck' in her room. I think we should encourage her to do this...

0 comments: