There's Coffee Cake on the Counter and Zuchinni Bread in the Freezer...

Sharing information about the matriarch of the Erickson Family...

June 14-17, Mon-Thu

Mon-Thu, June 14-17
Mom continues to seem to thrive. Memory is still an issue, tears on occasion usually related to Jim, but she is increasing strength and in awareness of what is going on. She is now up to walking a hundred feet. A few anecdotes since Sunday.
Monday – Mom complained to the med nurse today that she was awakened at 5… taken to the bathroom, got half dressed, then they put her back to bed. The nurse initial said that sometimes they have lots of people to get up and get going…but that we could make it a ‘rule’ that she not be gotten up before 6. Mom really communicated well. She said something on the order of – well, I understand that things can happen, but you know, I am paying for this and it seems like I should have some say. Tammy the nurse, agreed and also told Mom that yes she has many rights…and she just needs to let us know what would work best. I just thought, “wahoo, Mom… you go girl.” (Barb, Kirsten, Pat and the Cerrillos also visited this day.)
TuesdayWednesday – Michaelyn and I visited and spent some time in the garden… then rolled her into the cafeteria where they were having Morning Coffee/Sittersize. Michaelyn puts her next to the moderator – a staff member who had been gone to Hawaii for 2 weeks. Susie, the staff member, says to Ann, “Did you miss me?” Ann replies, “Oh, I sure did.” Then - not missing a beat, she turns to Michaelyn and in an exaggerated whisper says, “Who is she???” I mean this lady has comic timing that rivals Leno.
Wednesday - Barb spent Tuesday evening with her and didn’t leave til she went to sleep… then got up early and was there Wednesday morning when Mom woke up. This was so special – Mom told me about it this afternoon… Kirsten then cam mid-day and then Jolene joined Pat and myself for the Doctor Conference. We then joined Ann for communion service; Dick and Luke got there just as that was finishing. I think Mom really enjoyed having the Davenport Ericksons there…. Pat and I stayed and had dinner with her and left this evening when she was ready for bed.
Note: Doctor Conference details will be emailed to all and linked to in the sidebar.

0 comments: