There's Coffee Cake on the Counter and Zuchinni Bread in the Freezer...

Sharing information about the matriarch of the Erickson Family...

Grandma's Glasses or... A Tale of Two Switches

As noted in the doctor notes, I asked about an eye exam as Barb had relayed to me that Mom has been complaining about not being able to see very well. When I was reviewing our questions for the meeting with Jolene and mentioned the one about Grandma not seeing well, she asked if it could be the new glasses I got Grandma. I repled, “What new glasses? I didn’t get Grandma new glasses.” Jolene responded that when I had sent an earlier pic of grandma that she had thought to herself I must have got Ann new glasses as they were so pretty, hip and so much smaller. This conversation was happening in the lobby of Riverview – and about that time we looked at each other and said almost simultaneously: OH MY GOSH! The glasses that Ann is wearing ARE NOT HERS!!! They must have gotten switched at Callaway and she was in no shape to let people know. It isn’t too hard to imagine Wanda trying to put some strange lady to bed in their room and taking Ann’s glasses and putting them on this new person’s head. And I mean, these are nice prescription trifocals…. Someone at Calloway is REALLY having a hard time trying to use their trifocals. Maybe they are just thinking they have the new lineless ones. Of course, I wonder what they are thinking of their new glasses that are 5X bigger than their last pair??? Oh well…. Mom’s eye exam is July 1…

3 comments:

Yea Bill and I knew before she left Calloway that the glasses she had on weren't hers. One day she had them on and they stayed with her. Who knows where her other ones are. It is hard to put names on eye glasses.
Anyway at the time she said that she could see better with them. And I thought that she would be in no condition to answer questions from the eye doctor. Well I'm glad she will get some new ones. I believe they had their eye exams done at shopko in Tri-Cities. Love, Janice

 

I think you were right that at that time she probably couldn't answer or maybe didn't want to answer questions from an eye doctor. I even wonder right now how the exam will go - Even I have trouble saying 'This one is clearer than that one' But if I understand correctly - they are just reading glasses so maybe it won't be too hard. It will be good to check for cataracts, too. Thanks for making a comment - sometimes a person wonders if anyone is reading this blog - but it is still a nice way to record our days... I am thinking of starting a blog for Pat and I... Hope you have a great Father's Day Celebration! God Bless

 

I hope Pat and you have a nice Father's Day also. I will call Mom sometime today. It might be when she is at your house. And yes I always read the blog. I don't always have things to say about how Mom is doing. Thanks for all you do. Love, Janice