There's Coffee Cake on the Counter and Zuchinni Bread in the Freezer...

Sharing information about the matriarch of the Erickson Family...

Saturday, Dec. 4 APPLE CUP!

BARB: I find mom wailing this am at the Riverview. I'll have four weeks to give her extra good attention now. As Lyn noted, the Triazapam twice a day is to help with the wailing, which is the same "senseless" wailing as at the Calloway Gardens--that is to say, you can distract her momentarily from her wailing, but you can't "solve" whatever she's wailing about by moving her, etc. She is talking somewhat, though, about things like coffee for breakfast. Told me her new tipped wheelchair was borrowed from "this place."

The triazapam makes her calm and "happy" but sleepy. It sedates her. She thanked Ryan and I and the girls for coming yesterday noon and agreed that Dad would have called the Apple Cup attendees fools for sitting in the cold.

Time to go back in. A half hour of wailing at a time is all I can take.

LYN: Well yesterday we were like ships passing in the night.... Barb, you were there in the morning... I was there for the afternoon and Kirsten was there for dinner. I think I had relatively easy duty in that Mom just slept the entire 3 hours I was there. She just wouldn't wake up. It wasn't entirely easy as I have to admit Mom's snoring is most accurately not described as delicate and quiet. When I talked to Kirsten in the evening she actually got a couple "I love yous.' So I am glad that she is truly not sleeping all of the time. (Maybe she was feigning sleep because she realized I was there. :) I brought my computer and a book and it was actually pleasant being there. Even though she was sleeping I still talked with/at her... I hope that subconsciously she feels our presence. And yes, I think there is total agreement that the Apple Cup people are shy a few brain cells. Pat called me from the stadium and shared that he had sole heaters, patches of those heating pads pasted all over his body, hand warmers in his gloves...and he was STILL cold! Oh well, a Cougar fan is a Cougar fan...and rational thinking is not a requirement of belonging to that club.

0 comments: