There's Coffee Cake on the Counter and Zuchinni Bread in the Freezer...

Sharing information about the matriarch of the Erickson Family...

Update from Pat on a very snowy evening...

Family,

This morning we awoke to a foot of new snow. I think we have had a little over two feet year to date. Pullman was getting heavier snow today so the Apple Cup may truly be a snow bowl. Lyn and I beginning to wonder whether the weather will curtail our Arizona plans.

We enjoyed a grateful Thanksgiving gathering with all of Lyn's sisters family at the Jones. Dee & Steve were gracious host and all 26 of us sat at one long table. Michaelyn's Key Lime (our AZ limes) pie was a hit as was Sue Pecan nut pie. David made rolls and loafs of especially delicious homemade bread.

Mom does not have much energy. She spends much of the time sleeping in her wheelchair. Thanksgiving morning she got upset and pulled the hair of one of the aides so they gave her a sedative. They said this was the first time she has ever acted that way. Partly because of the weather and her sedated state I made the decision not to take her out for Thanksgiving.

She eats very little. She got mad at me the other day saying "Don't feed me like a baby!" Mom will usually eat a few bites of fruit (peaches, pear, watermelon, cantaloupe) but the last couple of weeks virtually nothing of her entree, vegetables or starch. Yesterday she slept through most of my visit, but I did put my face close to her and said I love you Mom, and she responded "I love you too".

Because she is generally not communicative I have gotten in a routine of scratching her back, washing her face, holding her hands and helping her drink. She can no longer hold a glass by herself. We usually pray for a while, I will read her some scripture and then we just listen to music or some sporting event. They are putting her back in bed more often because she slouches down when she falls a sleep in her wheel chair.

She has had a runny nose for the past three days and has some kind of bronchial issue. She is coughing more often and sounds congested when she tries to talk.

Please call her and leave her some messages, I will replay them repeatedly until I am sure she is cognizant of your call. Continue to remember Mom in all your prayers - even when you are praying for your team to win.

Love to all - Pat

0 comments: