There's Coffee Cake on the Counter and Zuchinni Bread in the Freezer...

Sharing information about the matriarch of the Erickson Family...

Thurs., Fri., Nov. 18th & 19th

Friday - Pat: Three of the last four days when I got to Riverview she has been in bed asleep but in good spirits when she is awake. Barb came in later and she really lit up when she saw Barb. Before Barb got there I read the Bible as she really doesn't seem to engage with the TV. She still smiles and winks occasionally, she doesn't talk, but she still recognizes us and it is comforting to be there. It reminds me of the countless hours that she must have spent with us - when all we did was smile or cry.

Thursday - Lyn: Pat picked me up at the airport about 1:30 and we stopped by Mom's on the way home. She was in bed asleep when we got there - and looked great as Thursday, you know, is her hair appointment day. She woke up as we were getting situated and I think was surprised to see me. I brought a present for her (a Christmas Sweater...) and when she saw the package she really lit up....but fell asleep with it on her lap. When she woke up a bit later we opened up the outer wrapping...and then she started to open the tissue..but again fell asleep before finishing opening it. When we finally actually 'opened' it though, her face lit up. I think bringing even small little wrapped gifts might be a good thing - maybe it's like that inner child that we return to...(Who am I kidding? We all still like to open presents!) It was so good to see her after so long.

0 comments: