There's Coffee Cake on the Counter and Zuchinni Bread in the Freezer...

Sharing information about the matriarch of the Erickson Family...

A WEEK'S GONE BY BUT WHAT A WEEK....

I am not being very proficient many aspects of my life lately.... and one place that is being neglected is Granma's blog!!! I'll be on it more after Jan 19th when I am again unemployed. In the meantime....

Latest anecdote.... Kirsten yesterday stopped by Grandma's in the morning... and Mom let her know that it was good that she was stopping by in the morning because 'she had her own plans for the rest of the day!' Does that not make your chin drop just a few more inches towards the floor? :) They had an excursion scheduled to go up to Mount St. Michaels and listen to the "Singing Nuns." She went on her own... none of us chaperoning her... get out.. She told Pat later in the day that she had a great time and the Nuns sang much better than the Ericksons. (That last part I made up... but I defy anyone to argue that point.)

but speaking about Erickson's singing... Ryan's Surprise 40th Birthday Party for Barb was an unimaginable success. He REALLY did surprise her and those of us fortunate enough to be there had a great time. It was the epitome of a surprise party: 30? of us crouched down in her house as she is meandering around in the front yard showing Jane her gardening prowess... and us all jumping up and screaming 'Surprise" when she FINALLY entered!

This is just a few minutes after the 'Surprise!"














Jolene sharing something obviously very important to Grandma:

















Sorry I didn't have too many great pics as I just had my Iphone... but I did manage to snag a video of the Happy Birthday Chorus. (Pleas pardon my rather strident voice which obviously I have to remember is RIGHT NEXT TO THE MICROPHONE when I am recording!)

Here is link to video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE9LfCVHiLw

Til I blog again....

0 comments: