There's Coffee Cake on the Counter and Zuchinni Bread in the Freezer...

Sharing information about the matriarch of the Erickson Family...

DEC 8TH, WEDNESDAY



WEDNESDAY - Visiting in the afternoon Mom was sleepy but when awake she was aware. I brought an italian soda type drink with protein powder. I had them put whipped cream on it...and she sucked that down in a few minutes. It makes you feel good when you get something that you can see her enjoying. Amy, the swing nurse came in and we all talked for a long time...followed by a conversation in the hallway. Amy talked about how Ann has changed so much in the last few weeks...that she often no longer connects in any manner. No eye contact... not eating. Amy is one of my most favorite employees there...she is so loving yet very upfront and so knowledgeable. In the hallway we had a frank conversation about how Mom seems to be shutting down and Pat and I asked about what that might mean. While everyone is so different, Amy said the stages are usually pretty apparent and it could be months and months or even a few weeks. Pat and I are obviously concerned about our heading down to AZ...but she said Riverview would be working closely with Barb and we will be called if they feel she moves into the stage where we (all of us) would want to be here. And as usual I am sure I am echoing all of your prayers as I hope that Dad would just sneak in there one night and snatch her away to cuddle with him in heaven.

Here is a pic of Frank's birthday card....it looked like a normal card and asked the question, "How much do I love you?" and when you opened it it got gigantic and this puppy spreads out his arms. Mom really smiled...almost laughed! I will also add a pic of the christmas Tree that Huy and Kirsten brought for Christmas.. I am heading out now to meet Barb there - Barb is there everyday.. When we were talking about trying to find a time to meet...Barb said that she usually gets there around 7 am...so she is there when Mom wakes up....so Barb thinks Mom kind of thinks that Barb lives at Riverview :)

0 comments: